2016 XTERRA Clemson
Date: May 14thLocation: Issaqueena Forest Trails / Holly Springs area - Clemson, South Carolina
*Free T-shirts to the first 100 entries!
Book Early & Save..........Book Early & Save..........
Comfort Inn (Clemson University Area)
1305 Tiger Blvd,
Clemson, S.C. 29631
Main Hotel Line: (864) 653-3600
Main Hotel Website: www.comfortinnclemsonsc.com
**Special Sleeping Room Rates will apply to anyone coming into town for the "2016 XTERRA CLEMSON" Group"**
(This Includes Free Hot & Cold Deluxe Breakfast Bar)
(Please Mention: When calling into the hotel directly: "2016 XTERRA CLEMSON Group" for special sleeping room rates to apply.)
**This Is A Courtesy Group Room Block Has Already Been Set-Up In Our Computer Systems For Guests To Start Calling Into The Hotel To Make Hotel Reservations.**
WIN YOUR REGION AND QUALIFY FOR XTERRA WORLDS!
It all starts here at XTERRA Clemson
New in 2016, for the first-time ever, XTERRA Regional Champions will earn a qualifying spot into the XTERRA World Championship on October 23 in Maui. And, if you can’t make it this year, you have an opportunity to defer your spot until 2017 to allow more time to get faster, fundraise, and plan your trip.
Here’s what you need to know…
XTERRA Clemson is in the South East Region. If you live in Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee or North Carolina you are in the South East Region and this race is IN YOUR REGION.
How old will you be on December 31, 2016? The answer determines your age group. If you’ll be 45-years-old on December 31 (even if you’re 44 on race day) you’ll be competing in the 45-49 division all year. To win your region you have to score more points than any other athlete from the South East Region in the 45-49 age group.
How to score:
- You score points by finishing in the top 15 in your age group (75pts for 1st, 67 for 2nd, etc.)
- You can do as many races as you want.
- You count your best four finishes.
- You must compete in at least one (1) race in your Region.
- You must count at least two (2) races in your region.
- There are three races –XTERRA Saipan Championship (March 12 in the Northern Marianas), XTERRA Oak Mountain (May 21 in Alabama), and XTERRA Beaver Creek (July 16 in Colorado) that offer 100 points. In those three you can get 100-points for 1st, 90 points for 2nd, and so on. If you do two or three of those races, just your best finish counts at 100 points, and others revert to 75-point scale.
Other races in the South East Region:
24-Apr XTERRA Myrtle Beach Myrtle Beach, South Carolina SE
30-Apr XTERRA Fort Yargo Winder, Georgia SE
14-May XTERRA Clemson Clemson, South Carolina SE
21-May XTERRA Oak Mountain State Park Pelham, Alabama SE
5-Jun XTERRA Knoxville Knoxville, Tennessee SE
11-Jun XTERRA Greensboro Greensboro, North Carolina SE
18-Jun XTERRA Lock 4 Blast Gallatin, Tennessee SE
26-Jun XTERRA Tsali Bryson City, North Carolina SE
9-Jul XTERRA Whitewater Charlotte, North Carolina SE
31-Jul XTERRA Panther Creek Morristown, Tennessee SE
7-Aug XTERRA Blackwater Milton, Florida SE
20-Aug XTERRA Auburn Auburn, Alabama SE
16-Oct XTERRA Hickory Knob (2017) McCormick, South Carolina SE
Full XTERRA America Tour Schedule (PDF / Online)
Full set of XTERRA America Tour Rules