2016 XTERRA Tsali
HOST LODGING FOR THE 12 HRS. OF TSALI & XTERRA TSALI:
EVERETT HOTEL - (828) 488-1976 ask for the Gone Riding discount....
WIN YOUR REGION AND QUALIFY FOR XTERRA WORLDS!
It all starts here at XTERRA Tsali
New in 2016, for the first-time ever, XTERRA Regional Champions will earn a qualifying spot into the XTERRA World Championship on October 23 in Maui. And, if you can’t make it this year, you have an opportunity to defer your spot until 2017 to allow more time to get faster, fundraise, and plan your trip.
Here’s what you need to know…
XTERRA Tsali is in the South East Region. If you live in Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee or North Carolina you are in the South East Region and this race is IN YOUR REGION.
How old will you be on December 31, 2016? The answer determines your age group. If you’ll be 45-years-old on December 31 (even if you’re 44 on race day) you’ll be competing in the 45-49 division all year. To win your region you have to score more points than any other athlete from the South East Region in the 45-49 age group.
How to score:
- You score points by finishing in the top 15 in your age group (75pts for 1st, 67 for 2nd, etc.)
- You can do as many races as you want.
- You count your best four finishes.
- You must compete in at least one (1) race in your Region.
- You must count at least two (2) races in your region.
- There are three races –XTERRA Saipan Championship (March 12 in the Northern Marianas), XTERRA Oak Mountain (May 21 in Alabama), and XTERRA Beaver Creek (July 16 in Colorado) that offer 100 points. In those three you can get 100-points for 1st, 90 points for 2nd, and so on. If you do two or three of those races, just your best finish counts at 100 points, and others revert to 75-point scale.
Other races in the South East Region:
24-Apr XTERRA Myrtle Beach Myrtle Beach, South Carolina SE
30-Apr XTERRA Fort Yargo Winder, Georgia SE
14-May XTERRA Clemson Clemson, South Carolina SE
21-May XTERRA Oak Mountain State Park Pelham, Alabama SE
5-Jun XTERRA Knoxville Knoxville, Tennessee SE
11-Jun XTERRA Greensboro Greensboro, North Carolina SE
18-Jun XTERRA Lock 4 Blast Gallatin, Tennessee SE
26-Jun XTERRA Tsali Bryson City, North Carolina SE
9-Jul XTERRA Whitewater Charlotte, North Carolina SE
31-Jul XTERRA Panther Creek Morristown, Tennessee SE
7-Aug XTERRA Blackwater Milton, Florida SE
20-Aug XTERRA Auburn Auburn, Alabama SE
16-Oct XTERRA Hickory Knob (2017) McCormick, South Carolina SE
Full XTERRA America Tour Schedule (PDF / Online)
Full set of XTERRA America Tour Rules
Held on the famous Tsali trail system near Bryson City in Western NC. This park is a perfect venue for an off-road Triathlon as it has some of the areas best lakes, a fun and fast trail system and a quiet comfortable setting.
When making your arrangements don't forget WILDWATER RAFTING just down the road from the Tsali Trails. WILDWATER RAFTING is offering 15% off all Rafting/Zip Line Tours/Yurt Lodging
during the Tsali Xterra weekend!
WILDWATER RAFTING YURTS: (800) 451-9972 for Reservations. The code for discounts including lodging as well as activities (Rafting/Zip Line Tours) is "biketsali". All your participants need to do is mention this code at reservation time and all reservations should be made in advance. They can be made online at our website or by phone at 1-800-451-9972.